Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Five Days of Giving Thanks - Day #5 - Pets

We have the 12 days of Christmas and the 8 days of Hanukkah, so why not celebrate with a countdown to Thanksgiving? I really can't think of anything more important than carrying gratitude in your heart. It lifts your spirit, helps you put problems into perspective, and fosters love and kindness. I am currently doing a class assignment for my master's degree in Integrative Health & Healing in which we compose a piece of art and then write the things we are thankful for that day. It is a really enjoyable experience that has reminded me just how great life is.

So, let me get started with my Day 5 blessing (these are presented in no particular order as I don't want to imply that any one blessing is greater than the rest):

I am overwhelmingly thankful, appreciative and filled with love because of my cats - Gladys & Pip.  They remind me that the simple things in life, like the sun on your face or the warmth of a cozy blanket, are enough to bring happiness.
If you don't have a pet, please consider adopting one or even donating time at a shelter or Animal Assisted Therapy Program. The unconditional love of an animal is priceless.


Feel free to post a comment telling me what you are thankful for today!

No comments: