Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Five Days of Giving Thanks - Day #4 - Laughter

On this, the 4th Day of Giving Thanks, my prelude to Thanksgiving, I am grateful for laughter. Plain and simple, laughter has the ability to make anything better. I happen to feel especially lucky for my propensity to think EVERYTHING is funny. I know that has been nurtured by a fabulous family who encourages silliness whenever possible; as well as, friends who share an appreciation for the ridiculousness of life.

 Is there anything better than an event or saying that keeps you laughing for decades? (Coney Island Weenie Dip comes to mind - it's one of those "had to be there moments," but trust me it was VERY funny when I was 15). And, what about the word "Sassy"? Doesn't that just make you want to smile? Or "nincompoop"? Can you say that with a straight face? With all the negativity and stress in the world, it is so refreshing to know that a laugh can help lighten the load.

I will end with my Dad's favorite joke (one that hopefully won't be seen as offensive), since we were just reminiscing about it today (he remembers it even though he struggles with memory issues):

What did the Mexican Fireman name his twins?
wait for it 
wait for it





José and Hose B

No comments: